Finding Your Niche - Results


Find all the posts in this series here.

Time to sum it up...

I loved this process.  I've always loved discovering more about people and the unique way that they are designed.  I am amazed at how God crafts our personalities, life experiences, and interests into beautiful people who can be used for His purposes.  I love that I can serve Him in a way that not only brings Him glory, but also fulfills me as I use my gifts and talents!

So, this process of finding a "niche", of focusing my writing and blogging, has been an extension of this discovery process in my own life.  Now it's time to wrap it up and see what has come out of this journey!

Some common threads (See Restless) I've picked up as I read through my posts are:

  1. Depth.  This won't be a "fluffy" blog.  If you want fluff, there's a LOT of great blogs out there that are SUPER fun and light reading.  I recommend them.  I'm not going to be them.
  2. Women.  I have a heart for women.  I've loved serving with, learning alongside, and discipling women for as long as I can remember.  Sorry guys, this isn't going to be a place for men.  :-)
  3. Simplify.  This is something I'm still exploring in my own heart and life.  I can't call myself a minimalist, but living on the foreign mission field has taught me the freedom and beauty of living with LESS and being concerned with LESS.  
  4. Real. Life.  My life is a gift. The lives of those around me are gifts.  But there is an urgency here to wake up and realize that we need to DO something with the life we've been given.  And when life isn't working the way we want it to, there is only one solution... lean hard into the One who remains in control and seek His face amidst the frustration.  I want to share my heart for authentic living... and humbly admit that I don't have it all figured out.  I want to learn alongside of you as we walk forward through this life in the purpose and calling God has placed on us.  

Putting it into Layman's terms...

So... essentially, summing all that up, Mom By Faith is going to be a blog about learning to live simply and deeply as women so that we can embrace the purpose and calling that God has placed on our hearts.  


God reminded me of this verse as I was sitting here thinking through this: 
Do you see what this means...?  It means we’d better get on with it. Strip down, start running—and never quit! No extra spiritual fat, no parasitic sins. Keep your eyes on Jesus, who both began and finished this race we’re in. Study how he did it. Because he never lost sight of where he was headed—that exhilarating finish in and with God.  Hebrews 12:1 MSG
I'm excited for this.  It's been something I've been mulling over for a long time.

 photo Blogsiggy.png
Post a Comment