Finding Your Niche - Question 4


This is part 4 of a series.  Find part 1, part 2, and part 3 here. 


I am truly enjoying this process.  As I mentioned in part 1 (link above) of this process, I'm the type of person that never stuck with any one thing for long, and I can do a lot of things... sort of... in an "ok" manner.  At this point in my life, as the mom of 3 kids, that just feels so scattered and chaotic to me.  There is so much in the day that demands my attention!  In this season of life, I'm about minimalizing, paring down, doing away with "extra" and "unnecessary", and that includes what I focus on in my writing and in my blogging.  I'd rather have 1 or 2 things that I focus my attention on doing, rather than do 5 or 6 in a mediocre manner.  Also, this leaves room for the priorities of shepherding my children's hearts and being a helpmeet to my husband in his ministry! 


So, with that said, on to question #4.  It's a little more thought provoking and I'm having a difficult time narrowing it down. 



  1.  Who do you admire and what do you admire about them?
Huh. That's a toughie.  Not because I don't admire anyone, but because there are a ton of people that I admire!  Let's see if I can narrow it down...
  1. My mom - she is in her mid-sixties and I watch her working hard to grow and change and learn.  I love that about her.  I admire her humility and her ability to say, "Ok, Lord, I don't get this, but help me to step forward in faith and conqueror this mountain!"   She's a strong woman.
  2. Jillian - a sweet friend of mine who battles with bipolar disorder and depression.  She's overcome so much and continues to move forward despite her struggles.  She is so open about what God has done and is doing in her life and is such an inspiration to me!!  She listens and wants to learn as well.  Awesome girl.
  3. Paul - a young-twenties missionary we know who is involved with YWAM in Sweden.  His team is such an inspiration as they sit down each year, pray over their year, and don't make a move in planning until they know that the Lord is leading them in that direction.  They inspire me to just ask the Lord and cut out all the rest of the "extra". 
Those are some diverse names that came to my mind.  And I'm seeing a theme... these are people who struggle, who are honest and open about their struggles, and who are willing to say they don't know everything and need help.  Ok, so what might that mean?  This is one to keep praying over. 
 photo Blogsiggy.png
Post a Comment