40 days

40 days... so much can happen in 40 days.

In the past 40 days, I have

  • said forever-until-heaven goodbyes to friends 
  • sent my 8 and 6 year old off to camp for the first time 
  • celebrated my baby's second birthday 
  • visited the Pacific ocean for the last time 
  • walked with my husband through a difficult 24 hours after a medical procedure 
  • hosted my first little girls' sleepover (rethinking that idea for the future...)
  • "attended" a conference that I hope has sparked a season of "new" for my life
  • held a yard sale where we said goodbye to all but 5 suitcases of our belongings and possessions  
All that in just 40 days?!  No wonder I'm tired.  

I'm learning that 40 days is just the beginning... it's looking for God to show up... waiting for Him to clarify.  

And I'm still waiting.  So 40 days... it's just the symbol of a season.  And I'm in it.  And it's hard.  And I don't know when it will end.  

But it's beautiful.    And my faith is being strengthened... my eyes are being trained to stay on Him.  

 photo Blogsiggy.png
Post a Comment