Cut it away...

God is working on some things very deeply in my heart right now.  I have so much for Him to work on!!!  I am so thankful that He doesn't give up...

While at church today (not our "normal" church, but one that we were able to visit today despite difficulties with transportation) I was able to hear a wonderful message that I know God had for me. In it, the pastor gave an illustration that really resonated with me in this time of Him working...


A while ago, there was a tourist visiting a nearby village and found a man who made his living by carving things for visitors.  The tourist stopped and watched the man as he was carving a dog from a piece of wood.  The man worked quickly and smoothly with expert hands.  He looked at the wood and cut carefully with determined strokes.  The tourist was amazed at the ease and mastery of the man's work and asked how he was able to do it without missing any spots.  The carver, surprised, handed the tourist the finished dog and thought for a moment.  "Well, it's easy," he replied, "I simply look at the piece of wood and cut away anything that isn't a dog!"  

I thought of this in regards to my life with the Lord.  I imagine Him holding me in the palm of His hand as a piece of wood and observing all the angles and dips.  He smiles and begins to cut... and chip, and slice away anything....

...that isn't Christ.

Oh, how I pray that His work continues!!  Oh, how I am thankful for His expert hands working on my heart.
 photo Blogsiggy.png
Post a Comment