31 years later...

31 years later...

It's amazing to think that I've passed 3 decades of life.  How amazing my time has been so far!  God is so good...

In celebration of my 31 years, I wanted to list 31 things for which I am extremely thankful!  
  1. My husband who cares for me and is patient me while the Lord works on my heart...
  2. My 3 beautiful girls who give me such joy!  I've wanted nothing more than to be a mom since I was just a tiny girl... so it is my dream come true!  
  3. Godly parents (on both sides!) who love and support my husband and I as we seek to serve the Lord.
  4. The opportunity to learn to serve the Lord on a foreign field... it's been an amazing experience!
  5. A healthy body with few concerns
  6. Freedom to read and study God's Word
  7. The ability to communicate in a second language
  8. The privilege and HUGE challenge to homeschool my girls
  9. Modern technology that allows me to talk frequently with my parents and family 
  10. A wonderful group of missionary ladies here that support and care for one another.
  11. 4 wonderful churches in the States that support us in our ministry
  12. Countless friends and relatives who pray for us daily
  13. The funding we need to be able to return to the States for our 3 month home-assignment
  14. Living in a place where I can see birds like the "Peruvian Thick-Knee"
  15. Meeting new friends through work teams that come down
  16. The chance to see the Beth Moore simulcast this past month (again, thankful for technology!!)
  17. Finding a wonderful pediatrician and pediatric dentist for our girls this year in our host country
  18. Friendships that have stood the test of time...
  19. New foods that we have come to know and love!  (Passion Fruit juice, anyone?)
  20. A wonderful MK school that afforded our oldest daughter 1.5 years of wonderful friendships and experiences.
  21. Our national church that has given us a chance to see what church planting can be like... as well as a place to use our talents and gifts.
  22. Going through a healthy birth and pregnancy in a foreign country
  23. Access to many ingredients (although much more expensive) so that we can still occasionally make our favorite foods.
  24. A car to get our family around (once we secure our foreign driver's licenses...)
  25. Titus 2 women who have mentored, encouraged, challenged, and admonished me over the years. This is an area that I pray the Lord continues to fill in my life.  
  26. That the Lord continues to speak to my heart each day
  27. Wonderful Bible studies that I have had the opportunity to complete this year
  28. The friends that my girls have made while learning their new language in our host country... and for the families who are like-minded in goals and service to the Lord.
  29. "Gringos" (English speaking people) from America who are visiting and with whom we can celebrate Thanksgiving this year!
  30. The Turkey Hill Mint Chocolate Chip imported ice cream I found on sale last week to enjoy on my birthday!!!!  HUGE THANKS RIGHT THERE!!!!!
  31. I haven't had to wash ONE DISH today for my birthday!!!  THANK YOU to my DH, Ladybug (who loves to do dishes), and Firefly (who very reluctantly agreed to help wash on Mommy's birthday)
I could go on... 

God is so good and has blessed me SO MUCH this year!!!!  I was reading a blog yesterday and the author was talking about how she chose a word or phrase for her new "year" at each birthday... maybe I'll give that a shot today.  

How about YOU?  How do you like to celebrate your birthday?
 photo Blogsiggy.png
Post a Comment