Twists and Turns...


Yup, I'm still here.  Nope, I've not fallen off the blogging band-wagon, just simply going through a busy season and knew that the blog had to be put aside for a while.  But it seems that for a few weeks the busy season is going to be on a "break", so I'll hopefully hop back on for a while.

It seems that a lot has happened since I last updated.  I JUST finished going through the Heart of the Matter Online Blog Hop and truly enjoyed showcasing our homeschool curriculum and lifestyle.

however...
... no, not "however", simply...

 and then...
We are beginning to feel, for various reasons, that the Lord may be leading us down a different path this coming year.  He opened our eyes to a small Christian school for missionary children that is relatively close by to our area.  We hadn't seriously considered the possibility, but a day came when a friend invited me to tag along and "see" this school for myself.

and then...
We found out there will be some fairly large changes in regards to our ministry in the coming year.  Good changes, but ones that will involve a lot more time and effort on our part to really make it excellent.  Less time for me to be fully committed to homeschooling Firefly and Ladybug.  But we thought, perhaps we can still make it work...

and then...
Things just fell into place and continued to travel down the path of us sending her to this school.  We are continuing to trust and walk forward in faith pursuing the steps we need to walk to enroll her.    Again, this is a trial, things could change again.  We would be enrolling her on a trial-basis to see how things go.  I have to trust that the Lord will make things more and more clear.  Things are still in the works.


But we will still be "homeschooling" in part here.
I will still be working with Ladybug at home with her Sonlight P4/5 curriculum and we will continue to work on reading great literature as a family.  And of course, our nightly Family Bible Time will never stop as we "teach {these words}... diligently to {our} children."  


A part of me is sad.  A part of me will have to grieve a bit as I look at potentially letting go of the dream of homeschooling my children full-time.  I have been walking this path of homeschooling for 5 years... every since Firefly was born.  I have researched, bought, re-read, perused, and marveled over the options and "how others do it."  I cannot feel like a failure, I cannot stomp my feet and say "Why God?!", I simply must trust Him and move forward knowing that this could be a wonderful part of His perfect plan for Firefly, something that I could never have done for her at home... perhaps she will encounter with someone, something, some situation, some opportunity, some *other* teacher who will teach her an important lesson... how can I know?!  I can just walk forward and continue to be a

Mom by faith...

BlogSiggy
Post a Comment