A weekend of goodbyes

We have just come home from our church's commissioning service and send-off luncheon. We said goodbye to some very dear friends and yes, there were a few tears. It was wonderful to spend one last afternoon visiting and enjoying our time together.

One of my best surprises of the day was when a dear lady came up to me and handed me this:

I am SOOO excited! Firefly and Ladybug are watching the Harold and the Purple Crayon DVD as we speak. This is absolutely invaluable for me in teaching preschool (some DVDs even have a Spanish version as an "extra"... wow!) and in using for the girls as they adjust. LOOOVVVEEE this gift!

I look to the Lord to continue providing for my emotions and strength this week as we prepare, finish packing, and continue saying goodbye.

Post a Comment