The book dilema

I'm packing. A ton of stuff is gone. I'm SO happy about that! What can I just NOT let go of?


Our books.


I'm having the HARDEST time saying goodbye to some of our books! It's like seeing old friends move away. Does that sound corny and pathetic? Perhaps, but that's how I feel... especially my girls' books.


I'm SO excited that the Lord led me to a temporary solution!!


These two books:



The 20th Century Children's Book Treasury includes such titles as: Madeline, Chicka Chicka Boom Boom, The Snowy Day, Make Way for Ducklings, The Story of Babar, Curious George, Stellaluna, and many more. I will be going through our library and taking out those books which are included in this collection to save space and weight in our 8 suitcases. I'm SO EXCITED!! PLUS, I found the paperback versions of both of these collections, so they are even LESS weight! (Doing a little happy dance.)
The Complete Tales of Beatrix Potter includes all 23 original, authorized editions of Miss Potter's classics. We have a hardbound collection of each of the 23 books, but this is a GIANT series and it is heavy. I'm sadly going to have to leave it with my mother for use on our furloughs. However, we can still cuddle up together with Peter Rabbit and the Tailor of Glouchester any time we wish!

Off to paw through the book shelves...
Post a Comment