Tips to avoid H1N1... or just staying healthy in general

Stephanie over at Keeper of the Home, one of my favorite new blogs, shared this fabulous post about how to avoid the Swine Flu... but her advice is simply marvelous in just staying healthy during the flu season! I highly recommend her tips!

Keeper of the Home : One Mom’s Guide to Avoiding Swine Flu Naturally

Here are a few of my personal routines for staying healthy:

1. DRINK, DRINK, DRINK!! I try to drink at least 64+ ozs. of water every day. I carry around a 24 oz. water bottle and drink one before lunch, one while I work out, and one during the later afternoon/evening. I always drink water at meals, except dinner where I try to drink milk.

2. GARLIC! I chop up one clove (medium sized) each morning, put the pieces (REALLY small) on a spoon and pour as much honey as the spoon can hold over it. Then... I eat it. I usually chase it with part of my morning water and sometimes even a second spoonful of honey.

3. GARGLE! I am trying to gargle at least once a day with warm salt water, as well as swabbing out my nostrils with a q-tip dipped in the water...after I gargle... ;-)

4. GREEN TEA!! In addition to my extra water intake, DH and I drink at least 1 cup of green tea each morning instead of coffee. (We gave up coffee a while ago...) I try to add in a "glug" of lemon juice as well as sometimes adding additional honey into the drink. Yum!

5. REST and EXERCISE! I am trying hard to get at least 7 hours of sleep a night. Sometimes that means sleeping in and working out in the afternoon instead of rising at 5AM. But exercise is equally important to keep my body in top shape to fight off the viruses and "bugs" all around right now. I do my best to exercise at least 30 minutes, 5-6 days a week.

Otherwise, I'm not going crazy with worry. The Lord is in control of our health after we take the best possible care of ourselves that we can! As a mother, I try to keep my kiddos hydrated and we WASH WASH WASH our hands as often as possible! If we're out, I use hand sanitizer after leaving every store or restaurant.
Post a Comment