Oh-So-Yummy Fall Treats!

I took a break after my workout today to make some yummy fall cookies. (The original recipe can be found here on RecipeZaar and the comments are always helpful if you want to alter the recipe to your tastes.)

"Madwizard's Pumpkin Cookies"

**Preheat oven to 350 F
1/2 C. sugar
1/2 C. firmly packed brown sugar
1 C. butter at room temperature

Mix sugars together first. Add butter and mix together until well blended.

1 C. canned pumpkin
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 large egg

Add to sugar/butter mixture and beat well.

2 C. all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 C. nuts (optional... I didn't add these, though they would be yummy!)

Put these ingredients in to the wet mixture. I didn't combine the dry ingredients first, as the recipe did not indicate to do this, and it turned out just fine. Mix well!

Drop by rounded tablespoons onto cookie sheets about 2-3 inches apart. (I used the kind without edges and sprayed them. The original recipe calls for parchment paper, I don't use this.) Bake at 350 F for 11-13 minutes.

ENJOY!!!
Post a Comment