My Head in the Clouds

This weekend I went in a 24-hour trip to Detroit for my cousin's wedding. It was a lovely trip and, since I was by myself, I was able to have a wonderful time with the Lord on the way back. These were the thoughts I recorded in my journal as I was looking out the window:

I am sitting on a plane in the clouds. I can see for hundreds of
miles into the horizon. I think how small people look when I am up here. There are millions of people down there who are each wrapped up in their own lives and believe that their problems are the most significant. This is only a tiny portion of the whole world and every person is the same in that respect. Then I consider the One who is above us seeing all people and all things and I think, "When I consider your heavens, the moon and the stars, which you have set in place, what is man that you are mindful of him, the son of man, that you care for him?" (Psalm 8).
O LORD, our LORD, how majestic is your name in all the earth!


Post a Comment