It's been a while...

I've been working so much on missions activities, that I haven't had time to sit down and just "blog". So here I am.

I discovered a few wonderful blogs this morning, through my Women's Day magazine. I don't know why I get Women's Day... they just started sending it to me... and they spell my name incorrectly, so it must be a fluke. But regardless, I get it!

Sooo... here are the blogs I've discovered. And I'm very curious about trying some of these ideas! They are for saving money through "couponing" and purchasing items at CVS/Walgreens. I don't know how it all works, or if it's worth it for me to work on for the next 12 months while I'm still in the country... but it's worth a second glance!



The Thrifty Mama

Money Saving Mom - she has a $60 per week grocery budget for 4!!

Biblical Womanhood - the same lady who does Money Saving Mom... what a woman of God!

ONe of the things I've been struggling with lately is my consistency in a daily routine. With Adam laid off (yes, what amazing timing God has!), it's been difficult for us to fall into a new routine. However, I'm realizing that MY routine really hasn't changed because the GIRLS' routine really hasn't changed! So, with the encouragement of Crystal at Biblical Womanhood, I'm going to come up with my proposed morning routine!
Here is my ideal morning routine:
  1. Get up at 5:30 to drink my coffee while I read God's Word and pray to start my day.
  2. Take a shower and dress before the girls wake up
  3. Nurse Zoe while Gwen "wakes up" in bed
  4. Get both girls dressed and ready for breakfast
  5. Put breakfast on the table by 7am

That doesn't LOOK difficult in print, but OH the struggle I have to get up that early when I am lazy and go to bed at 11pm each night! I've been praying that God would give me the motivation and will power to get to bed by 10, which has been my goal since we got married! With a husband who is a night-owl, this is a personal discipline issue, and he will NOT be the first one to jump at the chance to go to sleep that early!

Only through His strength! Philippians 4:13, "I can do EVERYTHING though Him who gives me strength." Even go to bed on time....

Post a Comment