Pattern decided

I've decided on the pattern I want to use. I printed off 4 or 5 different ones, made a brown paper bag template, and studied the step-by-step instructions for all of them. Here's what I'm going to do:

This diaper from The Nappy Network as a fitted pocket and use Gerber vinyl pants or Dappi nylon pants, whatever I can find cheapest.
I plan to use:
  • material I have laying around for the outermost cover ("pretty" fabric, 100% cotton)
  • Super absorbant material for a soaker (several layers sandwiching one of those super absorbant automotive cleaning cloths)
  • Microfleece as the innermost layer that will be touching DD#2. I've heard this is good at keeping their little tushies driest.

So... that's the plan for now! I still want to try "recycle" diapers, and I will/would have if I hadn't remembered all the extra material I have laying around. More to come!

Post a Comment